Welcome to the website (the "Site") of Charles Stanley & Co. Limited ("Charles Stanley"). By accessing the Site, you agree and acknowledge the following, so please read this document carefully before you start to use the Site:
Information available from the Site
1. This Site contains public, restricted access and client login areas. a. the client login area and the services described in it are only available following successful completion of Charles Stanley's account opening requirements; b. the iPortal restricted area of any microsite and the facilities described in it are only available if Charles Stanley accepts your registration application. Charles Stanley may refuse an application to access the iPortal in its absolute discretion, and its decision will be final. On entering either of these areas, please note the basis on which research tools are provided and comply with our security requirements. Further details are set out on the relevant Site pages as well as paragraphs 4-8 and 17 below.
2. The terms and conditions applicable to the operation of your account with Charles Stanley operate in conjunction with the terms of this legal notice, although the former shall take precedence in the case of any conflict between them.
3. This Site should not be regarded as an offer or solicitation to conduct designated investment business, as defined by the UK Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, in any jurisdiction other than the United Kingdom and Member States of the European Community. Any research material on the following pages of this Site has been prepared for persons in the United Kingdom and is not intended for distribution or use outside the United Kingdom. This material is not directed at you if Charles Stanley is prohibited or restricted by any legislation or regulation in any jurisdiction from making it available to you and in particular is not for distribution in and is not directed at persons in the United States or Canada. You should satisfy yourself before reading it that Charles Stanley is permitted to provide research material concerning investments to you under relevant legislation and regulations. Charles Stanley accepts no responsibility whatever for any failure by a person resident outside the United Kingdom to observe the foregoing.
4. You understand that while you may be able to access certain research tools and reports through this Site, the availability of such information does not constitute a recommendation to buy, sell or otherwise trade all or any of the securities mentioned therein. Charles Stanley accepts no fiduciary duties to the reader of such material and in communicating such research material is not acting in a fiduciary capacity. Neither Charles Stanley nor any of its directors, officers, employees or agents shall have any liability, howsoever arising, for any error or incompleteness of fact or opinion in it or lack of care in its preparation or publication, provided that this shall not exclude liability to the extent that this is impermissible under the law relating to financial services. All statements and opinions are made as of the date on the face of the relevant research material and are not held out as applicable thereafter. Research recommendations are given in good faith but without legal responsibility and are subject to change without notice. You are recommended to seek advice concerning suitability from your investment advisor. Investors should be aware that past performance is not necessarily a guide to the future and that the price of shares and other investments, and the income derived from them, may fall as well as rise and the amount realised may be less than the original sum invested. You agree not to hold Charles Stanley and/or any of its respective officers, employees, agents or affiliates liable for any investment decisions made by you arising from the use of this Site or its Content.
5. Charles Stanley conducts a full service investment management, investment banking and brokerage business. Charles Stanley has investment banking relationships with a number of the companies covered by our research division. Charles Stanley may seek investment banking business from the covered businesses referred to in this research. Charles Stanley and its connected companies, their directors, members, employees and members of their families may have positions in the securities or derivatives (including derivatives, options and warrants) thereof of covered companies referred to in research. As a result, investors should be aware that Charles Stanley may have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity, independence and impartiality of its research. Investors should consider research as only a single factor in making their investment decision.
7. Research material will carry the date of publication or, on a research circular printed overnight, the date on which it was sent to the printers. Where a price is quoted in research material it will generally, in the absence of contrary words, be the latest practicable price prior to distribution or, in the case of a research circular printed overnight, the closing price at the close of business. Research available on the restricted and client login areas is updated hourly.
8. Prices and other share information provided within this Site are supplied on a delayed basis.
Content, Use & Reproduction
9. You acknowledge that this Site contains information, data, software, photographs, graphs, videos, typefaces, graphics, music, sounds, and other material (collectively "Content") which is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights proprietary to Charles Stanley and its licensors.
10. No part of the Content may without the prior written permission of Charles Stanley be permanently stored, reproduced or copied in any form or by means other than for the user's legitimate, legal and reasonable internal business or personal purposes, provided that the user does not modify the paper or electronic copy and maintains all of the Charles Stanley notices (such as all legal notices and disclaimers, copyright notices, trade mark legends, or other proprietary rights).
11. Distribution, reselling or reproduction of the Content is strictly prohibited. You may not modify, remove, delete, augment, add to, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, or in any way exploit any of the Content, in whole or in part.
About this Site
12. Charles Stanley provides this Site for your information only and without warranties or other assurances of any kind. It reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Site without notice. Other than disclosures relating to Charles Stanley, the information on this Site is based on current public information that it considers reliable. Charles Stanley endeavours to correct any errors or omissions within its control as soon as it becomes aware of them, but it does not guarantee that the Site will be accurate, error free or uninterrupted and the Site should not be relied on as such.
13. Charles Stanley will not be liable for the consequences of any event beyond its reasonable control (including the electronic transmission of data, content, material and information over the internet and the interception or decryption of it by others) or for any damages resulting therefrom.
14. To the fullest extent permitted by law, neither Charles Stanley nor any other party involved in creating, producing or communicating the Site shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether reasonably foreseeable or not, resulting from the use of or inability to use it, including but not limited to interruptions, deletion of files or email, errors, defects, viruses, delays in operation or transmission, or any failure of performance, whether or not resulting from force majeure, communications failure, theft, destruction, or unauthorised access to Charles Stanley's records, programs or services.
15. Nothing in this Legal Information notice shall operate so as to exclude, limit or restrict Charles Stanley's liability for death or personal injury, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, for damage suffered as a result of any breach of the conditions as to title and quiet enjoyment implied by English law, liability under Part 1 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987 or for any other liability the exclusion or limitation of which is not permitted by English law. These disclaimers do not affect the statutory rights of consumers.
16. Email messages sent via the Site are not secure. We urge you not to send email to Charles Stanley containing confidential information, or that relating to time sensitive matters. You agree that you do so at your own risk and that you hold Charles Stanley harmless from any loss that you may suffer as a result. An automated delivery receipt does not constitute acceptance of any email; we will either expressly reply or act on your email.
17. If you have access to the restricted or client login area of the Site you are responsible for maintaining the security of the login details issued in confidence to you. Such information must never be shared with anyone, and after accessing your account you must log off. This ensures that no third party may be able to access your account if you leave your computer and your session has not yet been timed out. You will be exclusively responsible for any instructions placed or purported to be placed under those details and Charles Stanley shall be entitled to treat all such instructions as authentic, until such time as Charles Stanley receives written confirmation that your login details may have been acquired by a third party.
18. This Legal Information notice and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. If any provision shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
19. By accessing other websites through links provided by Charles Stanley (be it a hypertext link or other referral device), you agree to the following terms and conditions: a. Should you leave this Site via a link contained herein, and view content on any website that is not provided by Charles Stanley, you do so at your own risk. Charles Stanley has no control over the content of an external website and is not responsible for it or any damages or losses that may arise from your use of it. b. The material available on external websites has been produced by independent providers that are not affiliated with Charles Stanley and nor may they be regulated by the FCA. Any opinions or recommendations expressed on external sites are solely those of the independent providers and are not the opinions or recommendations of Charles Stanley. c. You understand that while some of the linked websites may provide information and news stories about investments, the availability of such information does not constitute a recommendation to buy or sell or otherwise trade all or any of the securities discussed therein. You understand that you are responsible for your own investment decisions and you should seek your own professional advice as to the suitability of any investment mentioned in such information.
20. You may not link to this Site without the prior written consent of Charles Stanley, nor must the Site be framed on any other site. Charles Stanley reserves the right to withdraw any linking permission without notice.
Third Party Providers of Information
21. All information provided by Digital Look Ltd, Thomson Financial Limited or Reuters Limited (the "Information") on the Site is owned by or licensed to those companies and any user is limited to storing, filing in format print and displaying the Information for such user's personal use. In no event shall any user publish, retransmit or redistribute or otherwise reproduce any Information in any format to anyone else for interruption, inaccuracy, error or omission, regardless of cause. Charles Stanley shall not be responsible for any errors in the Information or for any loss or damage, whether or not it was reasonably foreseeable, resulting therefrom. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Charles Stanley for any cost, charges and damages resulting from breach of this clause.
22. "FTSE" is a trade mark of the London Stock Exchange Plc and The Financial Times Limited and is used by FTSE International Limited ("FTSE") under licence. Charles Stanley is licensed by FTSE to redistribute the FTSE™ 100, 250 & 350 and the TechMark and All Share Indexes (the "Indexes) on a delayed basis on the Site. The Indexes are calculated in accordance with a standard set of ground rules established by FTSE in conjunction with the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries and all rights in and to the Indexes vest in FTSE and/or its licensors. All information is provided for reference only. Neither FTSE nor its licensors shall be responsible for any error or omission in the Indexes.
23. Some of the news services on the Site have been produced by independent providers that are not affiliated with Charles Stanley. Any opinions or recommendations expressed are solely those of the independent providers and not the opinions or recommendations of Charles Stanley. Information provided by the independent providers is believed to be reliable. However, Charles Stanley does not guarantee the timeliness, sequence, accuracy, or completeness of such information.
24. You agree to comply with any restrictions or conditions imposed upon the use, access or storage of the data as may be notified to you by FTSE or Charles Stanley and you agree not to distribute or disseminate in any form or by any means (including but not limited to via the Internet or via any other electronic means) all or any of the data provided by Charles Stanley under licence from FTSE. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Charles Stanley for any costs, charges and damages resulting from a breach of this clause.
25. When you register with us, we collect personal information to allow us to verify your eligibility to access the research and other facilities available in the restricted or client login areas of the Site. By registering your details on the Site, you consent to Charles Stanley maintaining, recording, holding and using your personal data in relation to the provision and use of this Site. In so doing, Charles Stanley shall at all times comply with the requirements of current data protection legislation.
26. If you receive marketing, research or other regular information from Charles Stanley and wish to unsubscribe please email email@example.com.
27. All telephone calls are recorded for business purposes.
34. Charles Stanley is a member of the London Stock Exchange, London International Financial Futures and Options Exchange, the International Capital Market Association and the Association of Private Client Investment Managers and Stockbrokers.
35. In order to maintain the security of its systems, protect its staff and detect fraud and other crimes, Charles Stanley reserves the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic, into and out of its group company domains. Monitoring includes checks for, but not limited to, viruses and other malignant codes, criminal activity and inappropriate, offensive or otherwise unacceptable use or content.
36. Charles Stanley reserves the right to cooperate fully with any investigation by national and international police, regulatory authorities and other officials, and reserves the right to disclose any personal data (including personal or private electronic communication transmitted on this Site) to such officials to the extent requested by them in connection with any such investigation, or as otherwise required by law or regulation.
37. Current tax levels and reliefs may change and the value of any relief depends on individual circumstances.
Charles Stanley & Co. Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is a member of the London Stock Exchange, the London
International Financial Futures and Options Exchange and the International Capital Market Association. Investors should be aware that past
performance is not necessarily a guide to the future and that the price of shares and other investments, and the income derived from them, may fall as
well as rise and the amount realised may be less than the original sum invested.
Investors should be aware that past performance is not necessarily a guide to the future and that the price of shares and other investments, and the income derived from them, may fall as well as rise and the amount realised may be less than the original sum invested.